Hand Washing Procedure
- Wet hands under tepid running water.
- Apply enough soap to cover all surfaces.
- Rub hands palm to palm
- Rub back of each hand with palm of other hand with fingers interlaced
- Rub hands with fingers interlaced
- Rub with back of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
- Rub each thumb clasped in opposite hand using a rotational movement
- Rub tips of fingers in opposite palm in a circular motion
- Rub each wrist with opposite hand.
- Rinse hands thoroughly with tepid running water.
- Use elbow to turn off tap.
- Dry thoroughly with single-use towel
[Contributor, N. (2020, October 09). Infection control 6: Hand hygiene using soap and water. Retrieved December 20, 2020, from https://www.nursingtimes.net/clinical-archive/infection-control/infection-control-6-hand-hygiene-using-soap-and-water-07-10-2019/]