How often should my hands be washed?
You can keep yourselves and your loved ones healthy by practicing handwashing oftener!
According to the CDC, you should be washing your hands often, with the exact number depending on the activities you do throughout the day
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage